Sep 14, 2008


Today is our Sweet Ella's 7th Birthday. I can not believe it has been seven years. I had to look back for a moment and just focus on her. It is hard these days to do that because we now have three other children that need us too, but I do remember when it was (for a lot of the time) just her and I. We would travel back and forth to Kanab together even to Az. She was a great partner and if she got upset I would just sing "Delta Dawn" and she would settle back down into her comfort zone. Tyler worked the grave yard shift so in the mornings while he was trying to sleep Ella and I would first watch an hour of the Wiggles and then walk outside to get the mail and chat with our neighbors. And if that didn't take up much time we would venture on over to Walmart and see what we could find. From day one she loved to shop so I had no excuse not to spend any money. Our time now is different and it is few and far between, but never the less it time well spent. Happy birthday Ella, I could not be the mom of four children without you. You get me through my days in more ways than you will ever know. Your laughter is contagious! Your "quirky" come backs are hilarious, and your heart is so kind! I pray your "hugs and snuggles" never end!!!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Ebb, That was so sweet, it is amazing how much we love our kids and how fast they grow this year Davis gets baptized he is so excited.
I love the b-day pictures they are great:) keep posting I love to check out your blog.

Unknown said...

I still love Ella's bangs! Always so cute. I can't believe you have a 7 year old. It is funny to think about friendship bracelets because we used to have that friendship necklace. My little Stori is a identical twin to Mitch, I don't know what you are taking about looking like me. Anyway, looks like a fun Kanab b-day.

Trinity said...

What a great tribute to I'm sure a great daughter. Now you cannot say that she does not look like you. I can see an even mixture of you and Tyler. Maybe her coloring is Tylers but she has most of your features.
I'm glad you all are so happy.

Stephanie said...

Ebbi Lu, your kids are so dang cute. I've said it before, but it's so true. You are a great mom too. The party looked fun and I laughed my butt off at the purse cake. Good try though, that's all we can do if we are not all Martha's.

Cando said...

Okay Eb, this is an old post!! Get on it gurl... I'm finally invited to see your blog, now it's time you keep me updated on your life!!