Dec 6, 2009
The second incident..... One day while I was at work, again... Maya and the kids were at the park for Jaxson's 1st Birthday. Tyler was on call so he was still at work as well. They were with their cousins just playing and having a ball. Well, Maya ended up crawling up one of the ladders and fell off. No one was near her and it must of knocked her out for a moment because when someone finally noticed her she was not moving. I think the entire town was at the park that night (well except for her parents). Someone called 911 and said she was not moving or breathing. Tyler, being the one on call for the hospital gets a call that Maya has fell and she is not breathing or moving. He gets in his truck and speeds up to the hospital to find her not there. He then runs from the hospital to the park(he HATES to run, he says now he was not in his right mind, why didn't I drive that would of been faster. I just ran out the doors and kept running) he said " he just kept praying please no, please no please no." My in laws and Jaylyn get the same phone call and they speed off to the park from their house. On their way they see the ambulance and police cars racing that way. My father in law said " he just kept moaning and praying that he would see those blue eyes again." My poor kids were just wondering around not understanding what was happening and Ella was told to stay by her and so she could see her face. I was at work waiting on a table outside when I heard the ambulance go off and I remember just then I was telling them how much I love living here and how much we truly are community that looks after each other. I was saying how people here know my kids and they too help me look after them. Little did I know that ambulance was for my daughter. When Tyler ran up to the park he heard her crying. When my in laws ran from their car up to her they too had her make a cry out loud. To all of them that was the best feeling in the world. They felt like then they knew she would be ok. She still had to go through the motions of the EMT's checking her out and then the hospital doing their procedures but thank goodness she was OK! Now mind you I am still at work and still unaware of any of this. Being a busy night I had not been able to check my phone and all my text messages wondering if Maya was ok. When I was checking out about 11:30 I finally looked at my phone. I freaked out and ran home to find her jumping on the bed totally unaware of anything that had happened earlier that day. Kids are so resilient. The adults on the other hand for weeks after still would get upset and sick to their stomachs just going over in their heads the feelings they had had not knowing if she was going to be ok or not. It was all blown a little out of proportion and if either one of her parents would of been there none of the 911 calls would of been made, but who is to really say. I am grateful for the concern and care people had for her. Now if she gets a scratch or bump on her head she says " I fall at da pak, sad huh?" I had a friend from the Philippines tell me that they believe small children are more likely to have accidents when it is close to their birthdays....hers was in two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment