Feb 26, 2010

My mood for the moment...

I just finished watching a clip on that Canadian Ice Skater who had lost her mom just a few days ago....Truly inspiring! It made me think of my mom of course but also me as a mom. It made me question myself and what I am trying to teaching my kids... Some days I'm just not sure what I was able to bring to their lives. Like today... it seemed like all I did was yell at my Drew boy to get him out the door to school. He has been having a hard few days (very emotional) and it seems like the more we yell the more he acts up. Vicious cycle. I feel like some days I just go through the motions to get to the next day to do the same, but today I am thankful for inspiring stories of couragiouse people to help me realize that life is so precious and short. As I am typing this I can hear Tyler reading and playing with Ava, he really is the most patient man. He lacks on sleep most nights and works long days but he never seems to put the kids aside. He always gives them the time they need and for him today I am thankful. I had a great, yet exhausting day yesterday in St. George with my mom and two little girls, and ya know I didn't hear her complain once. I on the other hand did. A lot! I was talking on the phone to Ella (who was home alone with Drew, they got out early for SEP's), she was crying because Drew was threatening her with his BB gun. Ava was pouting because we had drug her all over the place and she just wanted a small toy, haha... and I look up and see my mom and Maya skipping through the parking lot. She is laughing and her smile can't help but make you smile. Her energy and excitement for life is something I yearn for. What an example she is to me and of course to my kids. Thanks Mom! I know this is a random post but it's my mood... Have I told you how much I love Kenny Chesney? Well I do and he is singing to me right now, "On the Coast of somewhere beautiful running with my heart" lalala.... That is where Tyler and I will be in about 8 months for our big 10 year anniversary! Yay! He has put so much time into planning our trip. We have yet to make a final destination and I told him I want him to surprise me and not tell me until we board the plane. Do you think we can pull that off? I'm not big on not knowing whats going on but I sure hope so! Well I must get going, I have laundry to fold, beds to make, kids to get ready, kitchen cabinets to finish, shower and get ready myself all before noon so we can go to Richfield for State Basketball. Thanks for letting me spill out my emotions. I feel rejuvenated now! I should do this more often!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Ebbi!! You are a great mommy. I think you have the same affect on your kiddies as you do on everone, your smile and laugh are infectious and they love you unconditionally that's why they chose you! Remember the saying about the journey not being easy only being worth it. You make me smile and cry at the same time. Thanks for the post.

Stephanie said...

Ebbi Lu, that was a great post. I bet most moms feel that way at times. I am always impressed with you and your kids. I think you are a great mom. Your mom too. You have always had that huge smile on your face. I wish I was more like you. Keep your chin up girl.